Saturday

Twilight




Author:Stephanie Meyer
Publisher:Little, Brown, & Co.
Year Published:2005
Cost:$14.43
Other Bibliographic Information:
ISBN:0-316-01584-9
ISBN13:13-978-0-316-01584-4
Word Count:118,975
Reading Level:4.9
Interest Level:9-12

Plot Summary:
When seventeen-year-old Bella Swan moves in with her dad in the small town of Forks, Washington, she’s immediately fascinated by one of her new classmates, the distant but exquisitely handsome Edward Cullen. Though Edward is obviously drawn towards Bella as well, he is clearly conflicted, warning her away from him, and she eventually guesses why: he’s a vampire. There is a definite romantic connection between Bella and Edward. It is this romatic connection that readers will find very compelling. Bella and Edward attend their school prom and Bella expresses her desire to become a vampire, which Edward refuses. The plot thickens when another group of vampires arrives at Forks.

Issues for being Challenged: Book deals with the occult (vampires, werewolf). Others may challenge the book for the violence in the end with Edward and James.

Evaluation:
This is the first book of the Twilight series. Even before the Twilight movie hit the theaters, I was hooked in reading the Twilight series. This is a must-read book for not only teens or young adults, but to adults (such as myself). The vampire-romance story is something that most readers will enjoy, not to mention the the various characters in the book. I especially loved the author's description of the Cullen family. After reading this book, I could not wait until I read the other books in the series.

Reader's Annotation:
Find out why so many teens are in love with this book. Where love story meets the suspense that most teens and young adults are yearning for. Find out more about this unique love story between Bella and Edward. It will make you read the rest of the Stephanie Meyers's Twilight sequels.

Book Excerpt:
How old are you?"
"Seventeen" he answered promptly.
"And how long have you been seventeen?"
His lips twitched as he stared at the road, "Awhile", he admitted at last.
"Okay", I smiled, pleased that he was still being honest with me. He stared down at me with watchful eyes, much as he had before when he'd been worried that I would go into shock. I smiled wider in encouragment, and he frowned.
"Don't laugh but how can you come out during the daytime?"
He laughed anyway, "Myth"
"Burned by the sun?"
"Myth"
"Sleeping in coffins"
"Myth", he hesitated for a moment, and a peculiar tone entered his voice. "I can't sleep"
It took me a moment to absorb that, "At all?"
"Never", he said, his voice nearly inaudible. He turned to look at me with a wistful expression. His golden eyes held mine and I lost my train of thought. I stared at him until he looked away.
"You haven't asked me the most important question yet." His voice was hard now and when he looked at me his eyes were cold.
"I blinked, still dazed, "Which one is that?"
"You aren't concerned about my diet?", he asked sarcastically.
"Oh", I murmered, "that"
"Yes that", His voice was bleak, "Don't you want to know if I drink blood?"


Awards Won:
• A New York Times Editor's Choice
• A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
• An American Library Association "Top Ten Best Book for Young Adults" and "Top Ten Books for Reluctant Readers
• A New York Times Best Seller

Author Website (if any): stepheniemeyer.com

Trailer from the Movie Adaptation from YouTube:

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete